Correctional Management, Inc. (CMI) has openings in our Boulder, Arapahoe and Denver county locations for facility Correctional Technicians. At CMI our mission is to provide an environment that assists our clients with pro-social behavioral changes and the successful reentry to their families and the community while enhancing public safety. The Correctional Technician is a member of the facility staff team and is responsible for the supervision of the facility population including but not limited to safety, security and facility sanitation. The correctional Technician provides for the care, custody and control of residents and establishes a safe environment for the facility, staff, visitors and residents.
The incumbent should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the job performance requirements.
- Conducts new resident intake and orientation. Ensures proper paperwork is completed, assists new residents to become familiar with the facility, its schedule and provides overview of facility policies and procedures.
- Supervises residents and their day to day activities. Conducts daily room inspections, advises resident of deficiencies and completes follow-up to ensure deficiency is corrected. Develops and assigns regular daily assignments to residents to address the physical care and cleaning of the facility. Ensures residents' daily responsibilities are completed fully and adequately. Refers residents to Security Supervisor for additional sanctions, as necessary, for rule violations.
- Creates accurate, up to date reports of the resident behavior during the shift, as needed.
- Supervises, monitors and documents residents taking medication as prescribed by a physician. Monitors the uranalysis process, completes necessary documentation, monitors the sample collection and ensures proper and secure storage of collected sample for laboratory testing. Conducts breathalyzer testing as required.
- Conducts searches of the residents, their rooms and property, as necessary.
- Demonstrates flexibility and objectivity in dealing with a variety of situations and handles crisis situations in a calm and reasonable manner. Notifies Security Supervisor or on-call Administrator as necessary, documents incident in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Monitors resident activities during the shift in conjunction with the Program Director, Program Coordinator, and/or Security Supervisor.
- Follows directives and instructions from counseling and administrative staff quickly and efficiently.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent required. Applicants with a degree, experience in corrections, law enforcement or security, and/or who are bilingual are preferred. Demonstrate ability to complete any required training. Must be certified in First Aid and CPR within 60 days of employment.
To apply, email your resume to the Resource Development Dept. via the link below. Please include the position title in the subject line of the email.