Correctional Management, Inc. (CMI) has an opening at our Fox Facility located in Denver, CO. for a facility Maintenance Worker. At CMI our mission is to provide an environment that assists our clients with pro-social behavioral changes and the successful reentry to their families and the community while enhancing public safety. The Maintenance Worker installs, maintains and repairs the facility's building structures and systems, including plumbing, electrical wiring and fixtures, machinery, equipment, electronics, vehicles and grounds.
The incumbent should be able to perform all of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the job performance requirements. Any additional qualifications and/or essential job functions for specific facility locations or post assignments will be contained in Appendix A.
- Maintains and repairs physical structure of facility in keeping with safe and secure operations of the facility.
- Inspects and listens to machines and equipment to diagnose malfunctions. Dismantles defective or malfunctioning machines and equipment, installs new or repaired parts, and tests operation following repair.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment according to the preventative maintenance plan or as directed by supervisor. Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears and other machinery.
- Provides for the proper supervision and tracking of inmates/residents assigned to the Maintenance Department. Escorts inmates/residents or coordinates the movement of inmates/residents to and from different areas.
- Inspects for items that could be used as contraband by inmates/residents. Provides for the secure storage, proper use and/or safe disposal of tools, supplies and equipment. Maintains all tools in proper working order.
- Completes work orders in accordance with company standards for workmanship and housekeeping and in compliance with building codes, blueprints, manuals and/or other applicable procedures, standards or specifications.
- Requisitions supplies, equipment, parts and other maintenance materials within the guidelines of the facility purchasing procedures.
- Follows safety policies and regulations. Takes appropriate action in cases of serious and unusual incidents and emergencies.
- Domestic U.S. travel may be required.
High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required. Two years of experience in general maintenance or construction is required. Additional equivalent technical/trade school courses in a maintenance or construction related field may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis. Knowledge of building construction and the operation of building systems is preferred. A valid driver's license is required.
To apply, email your resume to the Resource Development Dept. via the link below. Please include the position title in the subject line of the email.